The preferred hardware to run the iOps360 Status Board is the Asus ChromeBit. ChromeBits are a HDMI dongle that plugs directly into your TV and requires Wifi/Keyboard/Mouse. Learn more about Asus ChromeBits at their website https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/
Setup & Installation
When you receive the ChromeBit, you will need the following items:
- Asus ChromeBit
- Wifi at the location
- Keyboard and Mouse (Temporarily)
- USB Hub (Temporarily) – ChromeBit only has one Usb Port
- Google Account login and password. We recommend to create a dedicated Google Account for your Status Boards. You can have multiple ChomeBit devices on the same account.
Let’s get started:
- Plug the ChromeBit into the TV and the power cable included
- Plug any USB hub into the ChromeBit and attach your Keyboard and Mouse into the USB Hub. If no Hub is available, you can alternate with the Keyboard and Mouse as needed
- Turn on the TV and follow the ChromeBit setup. (Wifi configuration and updates)
- Enter a Google Login/Password. We recommend to create a dedicated Google Account for your Status Boards. You can have multiple ChomeBit devices on the same account but you do not want other staff members to be able to see your G-Mail, Web history etc
- Follow through the prompts to complete the ChromeBit setup
- Next, we will prevent the ChromeBit from going into sleep mode. Click on the Time in the lower right corner of your screen and click the Gears icon to enter the ChromeBit settings
- Type in “Power” in the Settings search bar and click on “Power”
- Change the setting “When idle” to “Keep display on” to ensure the Chrome Bit does not power down
Creating A Status Board Login
If you have already made your iOps360 Status Board Login & Password, skip to the next section.
- Click on Features -> “System Configuration“
- Click “General” tab
- Click “Status Board“
- Click “Create New Status Board Login“
- Enter the Login and Password for the Status Board
Logging Into The Status Board
Click on the Google Chrome Icon in the bottom center of your screen. If the icon is not present, move your mouse down the bottom of the screen and the Google Chrome Icon will appear.
Navigate to iOps360.com and login using the Status Board Login above.
Status Board Viewing and Sizing
Click inside the Status Board to trigger the “Full Screen Mode”. To Exit Full Screen mode, you can Right Click on the Status Board -> “Exit Full Screen”, Press the Escape key or move your mouse to the top of the page and click the “X” that appears.
You can also Zoom In and Out to Optimize your Zones and TV Display Size. While HOLDING the “Control” key on the keyboard, Press the “+” or “-” key to Zoom In and Out until your desired level of zoom is obtained.